Thursday, October 25, 2012

Big Bear Hunter

I have a thousand things to do. I have so much work to do for...work. Then we have a super busy weekend ahead ending with a family birthday party for Emma here on Sunday. So the house has to be presentable. BUT, I've found a Disney cruise forum, so I'm officially ruined. I've spent the last 2 hours looking at cruise food. So in order to drag myself away from that, I'm going to blog. THEN do everything else. Ha!

Last weekend while I was on my girls' trip, I missed the big Smith Family Reunion! But Emma and Clinton got to go!

My Memaw is one of 11 kids, so there are a lot of Smith's! We are spread far and wide, but the majority still live in Red River County! Every year, everyone gathers at Memaw's parent's place (Smith Place!) for a weekend long campout! It's a big deal with competitions, an auction, lots of food, visiting, hayrides, trick or treating, and a bear hunt! The bear hunt was brought to us from some cousins who originally did it with their parents! You hide teddy bears all in the woods, give the kids flashlights and send them hunting! Emma rode on a golf cart with cousins! Apparently, she really enjoyed it because she has talked about nothing else all week!

Look at those dirty faces!

She was in love with the bear she found. I was not. See, it had this pungent odor. A lot of the bears come from Goodwill. Anyway, the bear didn't make the cut. She was DEVASTATED. So of course, I had to let her have her own bear hunt to make it better.

I had planned to do it after dark, but she couldn't wait! So her daddy, let her have one early!





I made her wait until dark to do it again. She kept watching out the window, saying "I'm SOOO excited!" Ha!







You'd have thought we were really doing something, as much as she loved it!

In case you haven't noticed, I'm abandoning the 31 Day challenge. I'm a big FAILURE!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the Bear Hunt!!! How cute!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Em loved it! Has been asking all day to do it again tonight! But it's raining :(

      Delete