Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Overcoming Myself: Day 2



This morning got off to a bad start. Like everyday of my life, I overslept.

I have this inability to wake up on time! I try. I set a ton of alarms on my phone, which go off literally every 15 minutes for at least an hour (usually two), not to mention the snooze that goes off in between. My days and nights are seriously mixed up. So that is definitely something to work on...still. 

So anyway, I woke up with 30 minutes to get ready, fed, and get Emma to school. Never fear, I have THAT down! 

Last night was not a good one for Em and me. She got her first black mark on her new behavior chart, because we had a two hour fight to get her to clean her room. I am exhausted right now from just thinking about it. And I was totally feeling guilty about it this morning (even though it was all the little heifer's fault!), so I decided that I would pick her up from school at noon. Normally, she goes to preschool from 8:20-12, then they walk her over to Mother's Day Out for the rest of the day. I thought we'd go to lunch or do something fun together, but she wanted to go home. She spent the afternoon doing puzzles and watching Disney Junior, and couldn't have been happier.

Meanwhile, I ruined supper. I'm not even going to get into it because it was TOTAL FAIL. I like to think of myself as a good cook, so it hurts a little. Deep down.

Usually, at this point of the day, I'm done. I'm just going through the motions to get to the end. So what happened next totally surprised me. Emma asked if we could make crafts together, and I said yes... with the kitchen still a disaster. I, almost, spit out my usual response of "not right now", but thought better of it. Blog challenge changing lives over here!

Thankfully, we have plenty of supplies in the craft closet! We decided to make a monster!



Here he is... Em said he ate the monkey :/
Then she asked to finger paint and I said go for it! Who cares about a little mess! It's washable! 


She insisted that she have her chair to sit in... lazy like me :(


Right now, she's coloring and waiting for me to get finished so we can watch a movie and eat popcorn (which is what we were supposed to do last night before the clean room fiasco!). And I'm kind of feeling like super mom. I might not have fed her appropriately tonight (wait, did she eat anything?), but she enjoyed herself, and I did too!

This post is linked to a blogging challenge on The Nesting Place at thenester.com! There are currently over 900 blogs participating, come join us!

3 comments:

  1. You sound a.o.k. to me!! Yay for popcorn (even if it is for dinner!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on getting up on time. I usually have 30 to 40 minutes to get Emma up in the morning, showered, dressed and off to school. But I always manage to get her there on time =) I'm sorry to hear bout your supper fiasco. But the pictures of Emma making her monster and finger painting are super cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I love that you were flexible (that will be hard for me) and had a great time with it!

    ReplyDelete