Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days--Oops!

So, I've been MIA the last few days. I do actually have an excuse for Friday and Saturday! I was CRAZY busy those days and just didn't have time before I crashed out for the night! Sunday, I have no excuse. My mom took Em to my Grandma's, so I was home alone. Besides a little work and laundry, the rest of the day was spent on the couch on my iPhone.

I'm about to admit something I am ashamed of. I am addicted to games. Like Bakery Story, Restaurant Story, Cityville, etc. Don't know why I'm so ashamed, but I am. No, I DO know why! I am constantly wondering where the day went, where does the time go? And complaining about being off schedule on here! Hello, Kayla! It goes to the TIME SUCK of the virtual world you're in. Aargh!

Totally disgusted with myself, I deleted everything last night. (This isn't the first time I've done this, hopefully, I won't download them again!!) All day today, I've picked up my phone to check my games, and honestly, I'm strangely sad! I do know that there is so much more important things I need to be doing with my time, so I am proud of myself for that aspect. One more thing OVERCOME. Ha!

I wrote that part earlier today, and then as I was getting online to post, only to see a reminder why I need to stay in the moment as much as possible with Emma (and off my phone!). This article was on the Yahoo! front page, and the video is a very moving reminder that time goes by so fast when it comes to our kids. 

This a video tribute by a man to his son and the 21 years of his life. I'm a little teary over here!


This post is linked to a blogging challenge on The Nesting Place at thenester.com! There are currently over 1,200 blogs participating, come join us!


Today is the 15th day of the challenge. Go here to read from the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that video earlier!!! =)

    I haven't got addicted to any games yet online, but I am slowly getting more addicted to facebook now that I have a smart phone =) Haha

    ReplyDelete