Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A House Divided- Recipe Post

Our house is hopelessly divided... in our choice of tortillas.

I like corn and Clinton likes flour. Our only option is to compromise. And use both!

Like tonight's supper.
Chicken, Bacon, & Cream Cheese Taquitos


Pin it- Chicken, Bacon, Cream Cheese Mini Taquitos PIN
OR
Get the recipe from this blog- http://mommyimhungry.blogspot.com/2011/03/chicken-bacon-and-cream-cheese-mini.html

I changed these up a little! Here's my adapted recipe:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (seasoned with chili powder, cumin, salt, & pepper)
4 bacon strips, chopped
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup "Authentic Hispanic Blend" shredded cheese (I'm sure any kind of cheese would be ok!)
Approx. 10 tortillas (your choice... corn is better)
Veg. Oil

Grill the chicken breasts, then chop into small pieces. Cook bacon until crisp. Mix chicken, bacon, cream cheese, & shredded cheese. Cut tortillas in half. Put loaded teaspoon of mixture onto one side of tortilla. Roll up and secure with toothpick. Fry in 3 in. of veg. oil. Drain on paper towels.

I, also, made my own version of the avocado dipping sauce.

1 avocado, mashed
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 orange (juice)
1/2 lime (juice)
S&P

Just mix it all together. It's my go to dip for taco night! Em likes it just on a chip!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a flour girl myself. When I was pregnant I would go to eat Mexican and everytime I had the corn tortillas. I would be sick before I reached the car, so flour is my favorite now. lol looks really good! Love the picture at the end. She's a doll.

    ReplyDelete