Monday, October 3, 2011

TV Time

When I decided to blog tonight, I was originally going to write about how appalled I am that Emma hasn't seen so many GREAT Disney movies. Like Peter Pan, or Dumbo (which I can't watch because I cry too much), or Aladdin! But as I got ready to write about it, I remembered that I've been worried lately that Emma watches too much TV.

The weather has been so nice lately and I've been suggesting to Emma that we play outside.... She tells me no, she wants to stay in the house and watch her movie (any and all shows are a movie to Emma).

She wakes up first thing in the morning and says "I want to watch TV, Mommy". Of course, I turn it right on so I don't have to get up yet. She continues to watch TV on and off the rest of the day. Then she goes to sleep at night watching a movie in her bed.

After writing that out, I realize that the TV is another parent to my child. I'm not happy.

Its completely my fault. The first thing I do when I walk into a room is turn on the TV. In fact, as I'm writing this, I'm watching Real Housewives, and Clinton is in the other room watching baseball. We are a family of 3 with 4 TVs in our house.

The problem is breaking the habit. With myself and with Emma. I need some ideas of other things to fill our time so we can make a break from the TV. Not totally.... don't be crazy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment