Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

I just want to start off by saying I have a lot of great fathers in my life. I do not know many "dead beat dads" and for that I am extremely grateful! So Happy Father's Day to my husband, my Daddy, my father-in-law, my grandpas, my uncles, my brother, my brother-in-laws, my cousins, and my friends.

Now that that's over with, get ready for a looong post. :)

Last year, Em and I got crafty for Mother's Day. This year, we got artsy fartsy for the grandpas!

The footprinting got a little CRA-ZAY!

Bahaha! They are two different lengths!

But it turned out cute!
We didn't really craft for her Daddy. Instead, we cooked for him! He requested creme brulee, and that's what he got! It really is easy! A baby could do it ;) We got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman!

Preheat oven to 325 degrees!

Put a quart of heavy cream on medium low heat. Add 1 tsp. of vanilla. Pull off heat right before it boils!

Meanwhile, separate 10 eggs. Put yolks in mixing bowl.

Add 3/4 cup of sugar to the yolks.

Whisk it until it is light yellow!
While the mixer is still running, SLOWLY add 1 cup of the cream to temper the egg yolks! Then add the rest of cream.

When its all incorporated, eat the foamy part on top. Em said "It tastes like ice cream!" YUM!

Pour into ramekins. And a giant baking dish because it makes a lot! :)
Put them water bath, meaning put ramekins in larger baking dish and fill 1/2 way up the sides of the ramekins with warm water. Bake until for about 30 mins, or until they are just set. After they've cooled enough to go into the fridge, chill for at least 2 hours. (We did ours overnight!) Before serving, sprinkle with sugar, then torch the top. I don't have a torch, I want one! So I just put ours under the broiler... WATCH them though!

I didn't take pictures of those last steps. Typical. But I did remember to snap a picture of the rest of the meal Clinton requested!

Smothered pork chops, rice, and corn maque choux! Yummy!
After the meal, Clinny and Em enjoyed the creme brulee.


And of course, there were presents!

She was so excited!

I love to see them together!

Em made him a hand print tree at school!
Em and I made a questionnaire book for Clinton that I found on Pinterest! It turned out really cute and he loved it!



A couple of my favorite pages!



I liked it so much I had to make one for the grandpas, too! I forgot to take a picture (ugh!), but I downloaded it here!

If you noticed that Em is wearing different clothes in all these pictures, its because we don't do anything on a regular timeline! That would be too easy! Crafting on Thursday, cooking on Saturday and Sunday, eating on Sunday, and presents on Wednesday! Ha!
Ok! Finally done! Buh-bye! And Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment