Thursday, February 10, 2011

First Valentine's Day Party

Emma's class at Mother's Day Out had a Valentine's Day party today. They let me know on Tuesday (Emma only attends on Thursdays), that they would be exchanging cards if I wanted to bring some for Emma. Of course, I did. I had already bought them, actually. They were Olivia and matched her shirt... cute, huh? 

However, I did not know it was going to be a full blown party! When I dropped Em off, I noticed a sign up sheet for parents to bring things. I was out of the loop being a Thursday Only Mom. And I couldn't be left out! So I made a quick run to Kroger to grab a package of cupcakes. Not exactly cute ones, either. 

Later, I found out that I could ATTEND the party, so I didn't want to be left out of that either! So I threw on some make-up and changed out of my hoodie and went! When I arrived, Em thought I was there to pick her up, and she had just woken up from her nap, so she was not so interested when I told her there was going to be a party. I said there are going to be cupcakes! That didn't work either. She kept asking to go home until I told her there would be Valentine's presents. Then she was more than happy to stay. My child has priorities.
 

Patiently waiting for her present cupcake.




Note: Yes, there were many more children at the party, but I didn't want to offend anyone by posting their child to the internet without their permission. I tried not to take too many pictures with other kids in them for that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment