Monday, September 26, 2011

Party Prep Begins! Favor Test-- Kool-Aid Playdough!

I've been planning Emma's birthday party for months... as usual. I've had my mind on doing homemade Kool-Aid playdough for favors. Using the Kool-Aid makes the playdough smell like fruit. And since Em's party is going to be Strawberry Shortcake themed, I thought it was fitting! I get really excited about these little things, can't you tell?

So about an hour ago, I got started, only to realized I was missing cream of tartar! Figures! Anyway TWO stores later (why oh why, does our dollar store NEVER have what I need!!), I had the cream of tartar and was making the playdough. Once I had the ingredients, it came together REALLY quick!! So quick, I only got one picture of the cooking process!!

Here is the recipe I used, but you can get a ton of different ones HERE!

Ingredients:
1 cup water
2 teaspoons of Cream of Tartar
1 cup of flour
1 package of Kool-Aid Mix (any flavor of unsweetened)
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
1/2 cup of salt
Mix dry ingredients in a large/medium pan. Add water and oil. Stir over medium heat until it looks like dough. Turn out onto wax paper and knead. Store in airtight container.

I used Orange Kool-Aid (because its my least favorite to drink HA!) It looked and smelled like orange sherbert!
I didn't have any wax paper, so I used foil. Worked just as good!

I kneaded it until it was cool. 
Then you know who got it! 

"See Mommy!"


Notice the tongue thing!!
BTW- it says this dough is 100% edible, but I won't let Em eat it. She really wants to, though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment