Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 3- LSU vs. Bama

This post is not actually about Emma, as so many are. I suppose that our "Life with Emma" does include moments without her. Thank goodness for Mike & Terri, who "practiced being grandparents" and kept Emma for us ALL DAY! We were gone at least 12 hours! That is a long time for someone who isn't used to having a two year old in the house. Clinton and I are so blessed to have such loving, generous people in our lives. We love y'all! 

Since we were going to be in Baton Rouge on a Saturday when LSU was playing a home game, we HAD to go to the game (according to Clinton). So for Clinton's birthday present, we got tickets!

Clinton's cousin, Duane, is a third-generation season ticket holder dating back to 1965, when Clinton's great grandfather got the tickets. Duane and his wife, Sheryll, were going to the game, and agreed to show us the ropes! Duane's friends were tailgating, and invited us to join them. The tailgating atmosphere was unlike anything I've ever experienced, and I come from a long line of fun-loving, hard-partying people! There were set ups that must have cost more than my house and then some, and then add some more!  
LSU Short Bus! It was FOR SALE, people! I told Clinton that we should definitely buy it! We are currently taking donations!



This thing was Ah-Mazing! You can't tell much from my picture, but it had 2 giant TVs and a full bar with bar stools. Later I walked by, and they had food set out on SILVER serving trays... no, I'm not making that up!

Clinton getting started at 9 am.

Beer pong at 9:30... turns out that I am pretty darn good at this!

Me, Clinton, Duane, and the lone Bama fan, Sheryll

Some clever tailgaters put a smoked pig in an elephant suit and had Mike eating it, complete with "blood" on his mouth!
 After tailgating for awhile, we headed towards the stadium to watch the pre-game festivities that go on outside the stadium.
Les Miles (the "Most Interesting Coach in the World") and the players walking down Victory Hill.


Had to get a picture of Mike for Emma. She LOVES him. Watch some YouTube videos of him, and YOU will love him, too!

Picture of the Tiger Girls for Clinton and Duane.


The Golden Band  from Tiger Land performing in the PMAC.


We had to take 4 escalators to get up to our seats (FOUR!, but I was so so glad not to have to walk all the way up there!), but we still had a great view of the field! Once inside, there was this anticipation in the air that was so palpable, you could taste it! Remember, I am not a sports fan, so I wouldn't be spouting this if it wasn't true. Clinton was like a little boy, he was so excited! I am so happy that I was able to experience it with him. The game was great! It was such a nail-biter! I loved it (again coming from a non sports fan) and I honestly have to say it was one of the most fun days I've had in a long time!
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

That band is AWESOME!

The players running out onto the field.


And the scoreboard tells all!

No comments:

Post a Comment