Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween 2012

This week has been busy and stressful. Unfortunately, this will be my life for the next 14 years. I'm seriously in a daze of exhaustion. And that is why this is so late. Ha!

Tuesday, Emma had her school Halloween party. Of course, being her birthday week, she thought the party was for her. I had signed up to bring food, adding more to my plate. WHAT was I thinking??

Turned out really cute. No, the cute food was not me. Exhausted, remember?

Em wouldn't wear her Dorothy costume, insisted on Sleeping Beauty!


Usually, I don't work on Tuesdays, but I had to go finish some reports. Emma was supposed to go to Mother's Day Out for the rest of the day, but... I was at the school, so she didn't see any reason that she shouldn't get to go with me... So it became "Bring a Princess to Work Day"!


Wednesday was Emma's 4th birthday AND Halloween! We spent the day pretty much doing whatever she wanted (wait, how is that different from every other day?). We went to lunch with Mamou at TaMolly's (her choice!), then to the Paris zoo (Petco), then looked at toys at Wal-Mart. Came home to receive a balloon delivery from Nana! Then we went Trick or Treating on the Square.

Loves from Daddy



Is this not the cutest little penguin?



When we went home, Emma picked what she wanted for her birthday supper...

Chicken nuggets, mac n' cheese, peas, and Kool-Aid slushy.
She had her choice... weird choice, huh? Ha!

Up next... Birthday Party #2!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great Halloween and Birthday celebration!! =)

    I saw your comment on my page about how you don't have regular trick or treat around your area? How come? They did a trunk or treat for the first time in our area this year a couple days before Halloween, but I wasn't really sure what it was and I didn't take Emma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I guess they do door to door in some neighborhoods, but not ours. Guess we're too scared to try out unknown neighborhoods. We always go to our church's Trunk of Treats, and the different towns do them, too.

      Delete
    2. We live in the boonies so we don't have door to door. The neighborhoods in the city will have more, but most churches do things now and it's more centralized. Of course we did neither since Emma was not feeling well, just a few house visits to family.

      Looks like a fun birthoween!

      Delete